Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Barack Obama

Normally, I would never mention religion or politics in my blog.

However, I have just read the transcript of a speech Barack Obama made in Philadelphia yesterday, and I cannot help but share it.

Please click and read here.

If the 10 people who read this blog take the time to read this whole speech (it is long, but worth it) and feel the swelling pride that I feel right now, it will be worth sharing.

If the 10 people who read this blog decide never to visit again, because they all love George Bush, well, so be it.

I have never felt so strongly that a candidate was exactly the person we need in the White House. In my voting history, my votes have always been against the other guy, rather than FOR someone.
In the Pennsylvania primary, I will be voting FOR Barack Obama.
And I fervently hope and pray that I will have the option of voting for him in the general election as well.

3 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Steph, I want you to know that I (if I am one of the ten) will continue to visit & comment on your blog whether I believe or not in the same politics.

I read the speech, too, but like you, I am not one to "debate or discuss" politics on the web.

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I worked in politics far too long to have much energy for it anymore. Like Craftymoose, I am not one to discuss any of this on the web at all. I will echo exactly what she says and say that I will continue to visit, comment (and absolutely ADORE YOU!) whether I believe in the same or not.

xx,

Karen Beth ;)

Anonymous said...

I like Obama. If he gets the party nomination (and I hope he does), I will vote for him. He's a great orator, that's for sure. But I am a political cynic, and have no Bobby Kennedy illusions about him (or Bobby Kennedy for that matter). I know what one hopes for in a president or any politician isn't always what we end up getting. I'm sure the people who voted for Bush (twice!), weren't hoping for a recession and a poorly planned, pointless war. I hope Obama can do the things he says he wants to do. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.