Sunday, August 5, 2007

Summer Finally Caught Up With Me

Over the last two weeks, I have not read very many blogs and I have hardly commented on the ones I have read. I have only listed one new item on Etsy. I have not e-mailed people. I have only posted about things I felt I had an obligation to write.

So where have I been? What have I been doing?

overdue summer playdates with the kids friends
a trip to the northern woods of Pennsylvania
celebrating Thing Two's birthday
playing at the pool
planning and teaching jewelry making workshops at a day camp
reading Harry Potter
selling at Eastern Market
just to name a few of the activities that have been keeping me away from the computer.

What do you do with so many blog-worthy events, but no time to write about them? And I know I am missing great posts from you that I am never going to catch up with - it is strange to feel so disconnected.

And the next two weeks look just as crazy!

But I will be back in a couple weeks. I am looking forward to catching up with all of you.

Oh, and before I go, I have to thank Tamara of BlockPartyPress for so kindly including a feature about me on her blog. She has been doing a a terrific series of posts about inspiration and its sources. She was one of my first Etsy favorites and a source of great support in Jewelstreet's Creative Challenges. Thanks Tamara!

15 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Steph-I enjoyed catching up with all of your posts. I just returned from vacation where I enjoyed wearing the gorgeous earrings you sent me! Have a wonderful blog break!

Beck said...

Enjoy your summer! I don't think this is the time of year for heavy duty blogging, anyhow.

Zellmer said...

Happy Birthday Thing Two!

Enjoy yourself and don't give into blog guilt. We'll catch up with you when things slow down.

stilettoheights said...

you are forgiven!!!!! Enjoy your days!

Unknown said...

yes, enjoy your days, the summer is fleeting and you can catch up later....i too have been laggin with my blog posts and etsy listing but i figure when the weather is cooler i will get back to it.

Tracey said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderfully-rich summer. Fantastic . . . time away from the computer *never* hurt anyone!

Felicia said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful summer :)

msbelle said...

Hey, you have a life! Go enjoy it! We'll still be here. I've not posted much lately either. But come winter time when we can't get out much, that's when we'll all be stir crazy and living on the computer!

Unknown said...

So right on!
There has been a disconnected feeling!

It is so necessary though to refresh and just live.

L.I.V.I.N.

You teach jewelry to kids?

abbey753 said...

Step - Enjoy your summer , We have to enjoy these warm sunny days because fall and winter will soon be here. Being from Houston originally winters are still very hard on me so I try very hard to enjoy my spring and summers here. So have fun. LOU

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I can identify. I've been away for a week now and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of reading, commenting and posting. I'm sure we will both be back when we have time. Isn't that the great thing about Blogland? We can pick up right where we left off.

Hope you have a great week!

xo,

Karen Beth :)

gilfling said...

Steph You are a busy bee!! Enjoy it and make the most of these things as they are in season. Have enjoyed catching up on your recent posts after my own enforced internet break. Take care!!

Unknown said...

I miss you.

maia (glassbeach) said...

Happy Summer, Steph!

I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of you summer!

I also tagged you as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger"!

http://glass-beach.blogspot.com/2007/08/its-all-about-me.html

I've really enjoyed your blog these past months. You don't have to do anything except tag other rockin' girls should you be so inclined.

Wear Your Wild said...

You are not the only one that is not getting around as much on the blog circuit.
Fall and winter will soon be here and we'll all have more time to stay indoors, where it's warm, and sit in front of the computer.
(a nice thought since it's been 100+ degrees for two weeks now~)