Sunday, May 6, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Sylvia tagged me, so here are the rules:

• Start with 7 random facts/habits about yourself

• People who are tagged have to write their 7 things on their blog

• Then choose another 7 people to get tagged and list their names

• Don't forget to leave them a comment to tell them they have been tagged and to read your blog

1. There was a long period of time from ages 24 to 33, when I did not wear any jewelry. I started wearing it again when I started making it.

2. I reluctantly purchased a minivan when my son came along. I just didn't want to be in that demographic. But now, I love my homely blue van. You would not believe how much yard waste I can take to the community compost center in that thing! Not to mention vacation gear.

3. I periodically get restless and need to make big changes - usually moving to a new house. But I am going to have to find a new way to shake things up, because I love the house we are in right now, and I know Geoff will not tolerate another move.

4. I am saving up my Etsy sales money to buy a button maker.

5. I hate taking my kids to the pool in the summer, but I feel like it is my duty as a mother to take them. If you survived childhood summers without going to the pool, please let me know. It would be quite a load off.

6. I have fantasies about taking our kids camping in Acadia National Park in Maine, even though I have never gone camping in my life and have no idea where/how to start planning such a thing. (Funny coincidence - as I was typing this, my daughter yelled from the other room, "I wish I could go on a camping trip!")

7. I love reading these lists, but hate sending chain letters. If I tagged you, and you don't feel like playing, no worries.

5 comments:

msbelle said...

Well, I survived childhood without going to a pool. I swam in a creek, river or lake. There weren't many pools around where I grew up.
When Kevin was 9 months old we went to Maine. Acadia is beautiful, you have to go. We rented a house outside of Bar Harbor, went whale watching, hiking, the vacation was fantastic. We went in September just after Labor Day. It was 90 degrees in Charlotte and 65 degrees in Maine! Someday, you have to go!

Steph said...

Ginger, you have completely sold me on Maine!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Love reading these lists!

I certainly identify with #2 and #4. Now I don't know what I would do without my minivan.

We live up the street from a lake with beaches...I took my daughter plenty when she was young, but instead of playing in the shallows or sand she always wanted to be right next to me!

Leslie said...

I can vouch for Acadia National Park as being a wonderful camping trip! Please just make sure that you are well equipped, as it is wilderness out there...beautiful country. Meet the moose on the trails!
You have gorgeous wire-wrapped jewelry by the way... I've tagged you! Please visit my blog for details, and to see your link to your blog on mine!
Best wishes from
Mama Trep
http://mamatrepsdesigns.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

oh, yes, i too love to change things around when i get bored!
i will try to get going on the tag with my next blog post, i do like them!